Your loan repayment options will vary depending upon the loan type and the lender. Please read through this section carefully in order to understand the repayment options available to you as well as your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. As you begin to navigate loan repayment, you may want to explore the following online tools and resources:
- FIT FInancial Aid Student Loan Repayment Checklist
- Choosing a federal student loan repayment plan
- Estimate monthly loan repayments using a loan repayment calculator
- Steps to finding a solution when you are having problems making your payments
- Information for Private loan borrowers
- Loan counseling and budgeting assistance - SALT
Paying extra toward your student loan?
Contact your Servicer to find out how to make a payment so that the additional funds go toward your principal. Confirm, after every extra payment, that your funds were applied correctly.