skip to con tent

In this section

Find a Loan Solution

What type of loan do you have?

I don't know!

Go to NSLDS, the National Student Loan Data System, to see if you have federal loans and to find out the name of your servicer.  Go to Annual Credit Report.com to see if you also have private student loans.

I have a federal loan: Stafford/Perkins/PLUS..

And I am having difficulties making payments.

  1. Change payment plan
  2. Request a deferment or forbearance
  3. Forgiveness, Discharge, Cancellation

And I am in default (270 + days of non-payment)

  1. Consolidation
  2. Rehabilitation
  3. Payment in full

Contact your Servicer for your federal loans to determine your options.

I have a private student loan - 

And I am have problems making my payments.

Refinance - look for lenders who may refinance your loan for a lower interest rate.

Contact your lender for your private loans to determine your options.