FIT offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Fabric Styling. See eligibility requirements before you apply.
In a comprehensive curriculum that includes classes and hands-on studio work, you will study fashion history, fabric production, and fabric styling. You'll learn to analyze global fashion trends. You'll take courses in computer-aided design (CAD) and learn to create multimedia digital presentations with video and sound.
You'll develop the skills to:
- make presentations and trend forecasts to industry
- visually edit collections
- create presentation boards and multimedia presentations
- shop markets for trends and ideas
- sell your ideas and concepts
An internship gives you valuable experience in an industry, retail, or media environment. The program culminates in a senior presentation attended by industry leaders