If you choose to self-produce, you must follow these procedures:
1. Maintain the graphic identity of FIT
The college's graphic identity relies on the consistent application of the logo, typefaces, and colors that represent the FIT brand. You must follow the guidelines in the FIT Style Guide in order to properly implement the FIT graphic identity.
2. Submit a proof to Communications and External Relations
Please send a PDF or a hard copy to CER Project Manager Heather McCarron one week prior to printing.
Useful Tips When Self-Producing
- Fact-check all copy. Do not assume that supplied names, titles, websites, etc. are correct. Research and confirm all dates, locations, and other logistical information.
- Schedule realistically, building in time for proofreading, approval by your supervisors, corrections, final file preparation, and distribution/mailing of your final project.
- Know what printing resources you will be using prior to designing your project. FIT's print shop, the college's PrintFX lab, and external service providers all have different capabilities.
For assistance on self-publishing, contact Ellen Davidson, publications and advertising manager, at email@example.com or (212) 217-4712.