Is there a student event you would like to host on campus that crosses departments and promotes creativity? Do you know a guest lecturer that can engage students, faculty and staff to generate a strong sense of community and school spirit? Is there a cultural event you feel students would benefit from attending? If yes, then the Connecting our Community Grant may be for you.
In line with Goal 3 of the FIT Strategic Plan, the Connecting Our Community Grant will provide students, faculty and staff the opportunity to use funds to enhance the FIT experience by promoting greater academic and intellectual engagement for students. Sponsored by the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success, this three-year pilot program has an annual budget of $5,000. Grants are awarded up to a maximum of $500 per event.
Each event should attempt to build an inclusive community in which students, faculty and staff engage with, learn from, and inspire each other. Events should also be innovative in order to create new FIT traditions that generate a strong sense of community and school spirit, building affinity with the college as a whole among current students and engendering loyalty among alumni.
Some examples of possible events:
- Students hosting an event between departments to foster creativity and generate a stronger sense of community
- Faculty taking students to a cultural event in New York City
- Staff member hosting a social event on campus for student networking
Read Frequently Asked Questions about the Connecting Our Community Grant.
- Events must be sponsored by a faculty or staff member who will submit the application and be the point person for funding
- Applicants must complete a short application and submit it to the Connecting Our Community committee for review
- Applicant must complete a completed budget spreadsheet itemizing how the grant money will be used (download budget template and email completed budget to email@example.com)
- Applications should be submitted no less than two (2) weeks prior to the event
- All applications will be reviewed by the Connecting Our Community committee
- All applicants will be notified if their application was approved or not
- Grant recipients and participants will be required to submit a follow-up survey after the event, detailing its success in meeting the program requirements. The event organizer must submit an expense report accompanied by receipts
Note: Application submission does not guarantee approval.