skip to con tent
Faculty and Staff
- Notify immediate supervisor as quickly as possible about any on-the-job injury or
illness. If it is not an emergency, notify supervisor BEFORE the employee seeks medical
- After the emergency has ended, file an Accident Form for any workplace injuries or
illnesses. This form is available from the Director for Environmental Health and Safety
Compliance or on the FIT Human Resources website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu/files/pdfs/HR_Employee_Injury_Illness_Report_Form.pdf.
- If another persons blood or other bodily fluid contacts your eye, mouth, mucus membrane
or non-intact skin:
- Immediately rinse skin or eye(s) with water for 15 minutes as applicable. Wash affected
skin with soap and water (use nonabrasive, antibacterial soap where available).
- Notify your supervisor.
- Obtain medical help by calling Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212 217.7777).
- Notify Director of Environmental Health and Safety Compliance or supervisor.
Faculty, Staff and Students
- If any situation appears to be a medical emergency, contact Campus Security (x7-7777
or 212 217.7777) to get help immediately.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, seek emergency medical
treatment by calling Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212 217.7777).
- Be prepared to provide location, nature of injury, cause of injury or illness and
any hazards that may be present.