F I T civility initiative
FIT’s civility initiative is aimed at engaging our community in a discussion of respectful ways of living and learning in a higher education environment. FIT encourages our community to behave with civility. A community upholding civility respects the rights of individuals and groups. It is characterized by understanding and considerations of the differences among members of the community. The diversity of the college adds to the richness of campus life, and FIT expects all members of the community to respect both differences and commonalities. See this semester's activities below, and please share your ideas and thoughts by emailing Civility Matters.
- Civility Week on Social Justice: October 12-16, 2021
- Diversity Comic Con: October 16-17, 2021
- Diversity Ambassador program
- social media campaign
- ongoing training seminars conducted by the Chief Diversity Officer
- Presidential Civility Award for faculty and staff
President Brown shares with Chief Diversity Officer Ron Milon about what civility and a civil campus looks like to her, and the changes she would like to see.