Diversity Ambassadors serve as liaisons in their departments and/or classrooms and the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to promote diversity and inclusion at FIT.
Ambassadors also encourage and support diversity initiatives throughout the campus.
Each academic year six sessions are offered campus-wide by the office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and attendance at four of these sessions are required for a certificate.
Past sessions have focused on topics such as:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- The Phluid Project
- Civil Discourse in the Classroom
- The Art of Radical Empathy
- Race dynamics
- Civil and respectful communication on campus
- Civility in politics
- Title IX
- What is Diversity
- Diversity Dialogue: Conflict Resolution
- Understanding and managing unconscious and conscious biases: How uncovering hidden biases opens the door for inclusion
- The Story of Human Rights
- Creating a Safe learning environment
- The Whiteness Project