FIT believes that philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To assure that philanthropy merits your respect and trust, and that you can have full confidence in the causes you are asked to support, FIT declares that you, our donors, have these rights:
- To be informed of FIT's mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on FIT's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to FIT's most recent financial statement.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about your donations is being handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing FIT will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of FIT, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that FIT may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you have any questions about giving to FIT or about these rights, please contact the Fashion Institute of Technology Foundation at 212 217.4100.