Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
Students who successfully complete the Computer Animation and Interactive Media BFA program will:
- be able to produce animation and interactive projects at a professional level, from concept to finished project;
- demonstrate competency in advanced 3D modeling and animation software (specifically modeling, rigging, lighting, texturing, and animation);
- be able to use the software packages that are used in the industry, as well as have the ability to translate their artistic skills into any new software that they encounter;
- be able to work within a team environment to create, plan, and execute both original stories through the art of animation and good interactive experiences for the user;
- have a foundation in the history of animation that empowers graduates to make the best moving images work in consonance with the best sound, color, perspective, and storytelling;
- be able to integrate music and sound design into an established graphical context;
- have explored video as a means of communication and be able to produce content for both animation and interactive digital media; and
- have a working knowledge of distribution methods and be prepared to approach the constant changes in media culture.