These new events, funded by the Student-Faculty Corporation, will promote student/faculty
dialogue on the role of technology in teaching and learning. Topics will include the
usefulness of social web sites, online learning, Angel and what makes an effective
Power point presentation.
Audio: Student Faculty Tech Roundtable 2009.11.17
Student Faculty Tech Roundtable
Tuesday November, 17 2009
Group Discussion Questions
- Do you know as much about technology as your professor thinks you know? Please explain.
- How do you feel about your professor using your social technology in the classroom?
Examples include Face Book, MySpace, Twitter and blogs.
- How long should it take for faculty to answer your e-mails?
- How often should students check e-mail from their professors? Why?
- If you are in a class that uses Angel, please describe your experience.
- If you are taking an online class, describe your best online learning experience.
Please indicate the tools or technology that were used.
- What do you do if you don’t know all of the technology that is being used in your
- Describe what you like and don’t like about Power point presentations.
- If other students are texting, e-mailing and browsing, how does this affect your classroom
- Describe a good classroom policy with regard to cell phones, Blackberries, laptops