Career Services can provide job placement assistance and career guidance in making
the transition from student to working professional. Our services are free for life
for all alumni and available to all students enrolled in the college. We are open
year round, and we encourage you to utilize the full range of services we have to
offer early on in your college career.
On this site, students, alumni, the FIT community, and employers can find current information about our office and the programs we offer, and we encourage you to utilize the Career Services Job Bank.
In addition, we provide useful information related to career planning and development including relevant articles and industry links.
- Check out StyleCareers.com's new networking website for students.
- New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) offers a variety of professional development workshops, panels, and conferences for artists working in all disciplines. The workshops provide artists at all experience levels with professional development on a wide variety of aspects concerning their life, art work, and professional career in the arts. More information about NYFA.
- Read more announcements.
These hours and counselors are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. It is advised you confirm by calling the day you plan to come in.
* Walk In Counseling is cancelled for Fri, 2/3/17.
**Note: Fall hours begin August 22, 2016. FIT is closed on the following days during Fall
2016: Monday, September 5 for Labor Day; Tuesday - Wednesday, October 11 - 12 for
Yom Kippur; Thursday - Sunday, November 24 - 27 for Thanksgiving; Saturday - Sunday,
December 24 - 25 for Christmas; Monday, December 26 - Sunday, January 1, 2017 for
Winter Holiday Break and New Year's Day. Our office will re-open on Monday, January
During Winter/Spring 2017, the college will be closed: Monday, January 16 for Martin Luther King Jr Day; Monday, February 20 for President's Day; Friday, April 14 for Good Friday and Monday, May 29 for Memorial Day.
|Monday||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:30 am - 12:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am - 11:00 am|
|Thursday||9:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Friday*||3:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
We invite you to meet with counselors regarding the following:
- your LinkedIn profile
- resume and cover letter writing
- salary negotiation
- job search strategies
- career & job exploration
- interview preparation
- labor market information
- part-time, full-time and freelance opportunities
- career decision making
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY.
First come, first served! Counseling services end promptly at stated times. Arrive at least half an hour before counseling ends. Please bring a pen and paper for writing purposes and a draft of resume if needed.