Face Coverings/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Face masks (properly covering both the mouth and the nose), whether accompanied by a face shield or not, is the required type of protection to be worn on campus. In the case of legitimate concerns, such as articulation to a class or an underlying health condition, a face shield without a mask may be used.
- FIT will provide two (2) reusable/washable face masks each to all employees and students. A supply of disposable masks is available for employees, students, and visitors who may arrive on campus without a mask.
Screening, Testing, Reporting, Tracing
In accordance with a SUNY mandate, FIT conducts mandatory biweekly coronavirus testing of all on-campus students and campus-based employees. Details can be found on the On-Campus Testing page.
- The mobile app #CampusClear is used for self-monitoring and provides daily screening tasks for employees and students. It also includes procedures for what to do if exposed to COVID-19 or if testing is needed, and protocols for accessing campus.
- Health Services has established a partnership with Northwell Health to provide testing for the FIT community.
- HR has an online reporting system in place for reporting and tracking exposure and confirmed cases.
- Use the SUNY COVID-19 Tracker to see coronavirus statistics for all SUNY campuses, including FIT.
Social distancing is enforced in all campus buildings through new protocols that include physical spacing as well as scheduling changes. See details on the Campus and Facilities pages.
All campus buildings are currently cleaned on a daily basis, to meet public health protocols. More details under Cleaning and Maintenance.
Hand sanitizer units are located in every building lobby and on each floor of every building. Hand washing will be encouraged through signage, as it is more effective than the use of hand sanitizers.
FIT is encouraging instructors, staff members, and students to use disinfection wipes provided inside individual classrooms, studios, and workspaces to disinfect their own areas before and after using the space. Surfaces to be disinfected include desks, chairs, instructor consoles, computer keyboards and mice, and shared tools and equipment. Instructions can be found under Cleaning and Maintenance.
Visit our Prevention page for best practices to protect yourself and others from the virus.
If You Experience COVID-19 Symptoms on Campus
It is important that we promptly identify and isolate you if you are experiencing symptoms that may be COVID-19 related.
Sanctions for Student Violations of COVID-19 Safety Protocols
On Oct. 1, SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras instituted a policy that establishes minimum sanctions for students who violate COVID-19 safety protocols, which include potential suspension from campus housing for at least one year, suspension from classes for at least one year, or dismissal from the college. Read the full policy and more here.
Students experiencing challenging issues that prevent them from returning to campus, including health and mental health conditions, vulnerable family members who may be affected because of living arrangements, and other issues that they self-report, can contact the Dean of Students for assistance with appropriate referrals for accommodative services.
FIT-ABLE will make sure deaf and hard of hearing students are properly accommodated for the
Counseling Services has temporarily suspended in-person counseling sessions, but it is operating remotely and conducting sessions as needed via phone and video.
Employees can contact Human Resources for work and benefit information.