CURRENT STATUS AS OF NOV. 25, 2020, AT 9:18 am
- Per President Brown's Nov. 18 email, FIT has reported seven (7) positive cases of COVID-19 among the 220 students living on campus in Kaufman Hall. All 220 students began mandatory quarantine on Nov. 17, and the college has performed all required reporting and contact tracing measures. Read the "Update on Covid-19 testing" email for full details.
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo has announced new guidelines allowing out-of-state travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine; however, employees who have traveled to or are planning to travel to states with high COVID-19 cases must report it via Human Resources' Solution Center. Read Human Resources' Nov. 13 email for full details.
- The winter 2021 session will be fully remote, and the spring 2021 semester will be fully remote or online, with the exception of some classes in the School of Graduate Studies.
- FIT has canceled all spring 2021 exchange and study abroad programs.
- On Oct. 1, SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras instituted a policy that establishes minimum sanctions for students who violate COVID-19 safety protocols, which include potential suspension from campus housing for at least one year, suspension from classes for at least one year, or dismissal from the college. Read the full policy and more here.
- As of Oct. 2, all campus-based employees are required to participate in biweekly coronavirus testing. Details can be found on the On-Campus Testing page.
- In accordance with a SUNY mandate, as of Sept. 25, FIT has begun conducting biweekly coronavirus testing of all on-campus students. Details can be found on the On-Campus Testing page.
- All employees and students must receive a green "Good to Go" signal from the #CampusClear app to enter campus buildings and have the appropriate FIT ID. Find details about #CampusClear and campus access here.
- While Governor Andrew Cuomo has allowed for the reopening of New York City museums, The Museum at FIT remains closed at this time.
- The in-person 2020 undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies planned for October have been postponed until 2021 in order to best ensure the health and safety of our students, their family and friends, and the FIT community.
- All study abroad programs for fall 2020 have been canceled.
- The Gladys Marcus Library is closed but continues to offer online resources and support.
- The bookstore is open with social distancing measures in place, reduced occupancy, and contactless payment. Visit fashion.bncollege.com for hours and information.
- Information sessions and campus tours are currently suspended.