CURRENT STATUS AS OF April 23, 2021, AT 9:04 am
- Both summer sessions of 2021 will be fully remote or online.
- As of April 6, all New Yorkers 16 and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at any state or local health department–operated vaccine site. Visit nyc.gov/vaccinefinder to find a location in New York City or covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov to find a site in New York State.
- The undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies for the classes of 2020 and 2021 will be held virtually. Dates and details can be found at fitnyc.edu/commencement.
- FIT now conducts weekly mandatory coronavirus testing of all on-campus students and campus-based employees. Details can be found on the On-Campus Testing page.
- All summer 2021 study abroad programs have been canceled due to the ongoing pandemic.
- The spring 2021 semester is fully remote or online, with the exception of some classes in the School of Graduate Studies.
- FIT has canceled all spring 2021 exchange and study abroad programs.
- SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras has instituted a policy that establishes minimum sanctions for students who violate COVID-19 safety protocols, which include potential suspension from campus housing for at least one year, suspension from classes for at least one year, or dismissal from the college. Read the full policy and more here.
- All employees and students must receive a green "Good to Go" signal from the #CampusClear app to enter campus buildings and have the appropriate FIT ID. Find details about #CampusClear and campus access here.
- While Governor Andrew Cuomo has allowed for the reopening of New York City museums, The Museum at FIT remains closed at this time.
- The Gladys Marcus Library is closed but continues to offer online resources and support.
- The bookstore is open with social distancing measures in place, reduced occupancy, and contactless payment. Visit fashion.bncollege.com for hours and information.
- Information sessions and campus tours are currently suspended.