Deadline: February 1 - SlideRoom Fee (USD): $10
Your portfolio should be organized; image quality should be consistent and represent areas of personal interest to you. You do not have to show what you consider to be fashion or advertising images. Assemble your work to tell us what you would like us to know about you and your particular vision of the world.
Our evaluation of your work will be based on the following criteria:
- Your sense of design, imagination and creativity.
- A willingness to be experimental (whether successful or not on the first attempt).
- Your ability to communicate complex ideas visually.
- The organization, neatness and care that you take in presenting your portfolio.
Students in the photography program concentrate on learning the connections between
analog and digital processes and critical thinking and visual communication. Students
investigate, critically analyze, and visually solve problems they will encounter when
producing imagery for editorial, advertising, photojournalism, and fine art markets.
You will submit 2 short essays, a portfolio of 15 to 20 images, and an FIT Photography Project of exactly 5 images.
Photography and Related Media AAS Essays
Please respond thoughtfully and note that your answers do not replace the essay that you are required to submit as part of your FIT/SUNY application.
- In a maximum of 250 words, please describe your FIT Photography Project.(FIT Photography Project instructions may be found in the Media section.)
- In a maximum of 500 words, identify two photographers or artists who have influenced
your photography. Cite specific examples of how this influence has shaped your work.
Part 1: Portfolio (15-20 images)
We are looking for you to explore different ways to communicate your ideas and concepts. In addition, we ask for neatness, a high quality of technical execution, and evidence of organizational skills. If you have videos, you may upload them. Each video will count as an image.
Part 2: FIT Photography Project (5 images)
Visually describe something by photographing it in five different ways. These are
to be five new images specifically shot for this application. All the images should
be distinctly different from each other.
Provide 20-25 items. Images (up to 5MB each) and Video (up to 250MB each)