The institution provides student support services reasonably necessary to enable each student to achieve the institutions goals for students.
Fundamental Elements of Student Support Services
An accredited institution is expected to possess or demonstrate the following attributes or activities:
- a program of student support services appropriate to student strengths and needs, reflective of institutional mission, consistent with student learning expectations, and available regardless of place or method of delivery;
- qualified professionals to supervise and provide the student support services and programs;
- procedures to address the varied spectrum of student academic and other needs, in a manner that is equitable, supportive, and sensitive, through direct service or referral;
- appropriate student advisement procedures and processes;
- if offered, athletic programs that are regulated by the same academic, fiscal, and administrative principles, norms, and procedures that govern other institutional programs;
- reasonable procedures, widely disseminated, for equitably addressing student complaints or grievances;
- records of student complaints or grievances;
- policies and procedures, developed and implemented, for safe and secure maintenance of student records ;
- published and implemented policies for the release of student information; and
- ongoing assessment of student support services and the utilization of assessment results for improvement.