Academic Year 1: Fall 2009 - Spring 2010
December 15, 2009
- First meeting of the steering committee takes place.
February - March 2010
- Steering committee meets eight times to prepare self-study design and working group research questions.
- Steering committee reviews final self-study design.
- FIT submits self-study design to Middle States.
April - May 2010
- Middle States approves FIT self-study design.
- Middle States liaison, Dr. Mary Ellen Petrisko, visits FIT to meet with the steering committee and members of the FIT community.
Academic Year 2: Fall 2010 - Spring 2011
- Meeting of steering committee and eight working groups take place.
- Letter to FIT community about Middle States accreditation and self-study process distributed.
September - December 2010
- Joint steering committee and working group meetings take place.
- Working group reports submitted.
February - March 2011
- Draft self-study report is prepared from the eight working group reports.
- Steering committee meetings for 2011 begin.
- Middle States selects chair of evaluation team and FIT approves selection.
- Chair and FIT select dates for team visit (spring 2012) and for chairs preliminary visit.
Academic Year 3: Fall 2011- Spring 2012
- Steering committee meets to review draft of the FIT self-study report.
October 2011 - December 2011
- FIT community reviews draft self-study report in college-wide hearing.
- FIT trustees review draft self-study report.
- Middle States selects evaluation team members and FIT approves the selection.
- FIT sends draft self-study report to the evaluation team chair prior to campus visit.
- Team chair, Dr. Robert Pangborn, makes preliminary visit to FIT December 5.
- FIT prepares final version of the self-study report.
- FIT submits final self-study report to the evaluation team and to Middle States at least 6 weeks prior to team visit.
- The Middle States evaluation team visits FIT campus from April 15 - 18.