FIT successfully submitted its Periodic Review and Verification of Compliance reports to Middle States on June 1, 2017.
Reviewer’s reports from Middle States are expected in November, 2017.
The report is comprised of six sections:
- An executive summary
- Response to recommendations resulting from the last evaluation.
- Report on significant major developments, changes or challenges subsequent to the last evaluation.
- Review enrollment trends and enrollment and financial projections.
- Determine how well FIT is assessing institutional effectiveness and the assessment of student learning outcomes (accreditation standards 7 and 14).
- Identify how we link institutional planning and budgeting.
A steering committee made up of faculty, staff, administrators and students was charged with reviewing the draft report and guiding the development of each section. In Spring 2017 Dr. Brown and the Board of Trustees reviewed and approved the final report. Upon review, Dr. Brown signed a re-affirmation statement of FIT’s Middle States accreditation, and submitted the report to Middle States, along with the compliance report.
The final report was submitted to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education on June 1, 2017.