As non-degree students, you have three options to register for any English, math, or science course.
You Have Taken the SAT or ACT
- English course placement based on SAT and/or ACT scores
- math course placement based on SAT and/or ACT scores
If English is not your native language and you would like to take one of FIT's ESL courses, you may register for any of them (except ES 024). For more information, please consult the undergraduate catalog or contact the Educational Skills Department, Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B602, (212) 217-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Have NOT Taken the SAT or ACT OR Your Scores are More Than Three Years Old
You may take a placement exam to determine your English, math, or science placement. Placement tests are scheduled through MyFIT. After you have taken your exams, you will be able to view results through the same link.
- Log in to MyFIT. Your username is your firstname_lastname. Your password is your birthday as follows: Jun081986 (first letter is capital, followed by a lower case letter for a total of three letters, two digits for day, four digits for year).
- Click on the Student Services tab.
- Click on Online Resources.
- Click on Click to Enter.
- Click on Placement Test Scheduling and Results.
If you experience technical difficulties with scheduling your placement tests, please contact the IT Help Desk at (212) 217-HELP or TechHelp@fitnyc.edu.
A $25 testing fee for the English and arithmetic placement tests will be billed to your student account. Do not bring payment to the test.
You may change your appointment at no cost up to the starting time of the test. Simply register for a new time.
If you fail to cancel your appointment before the session begins, you will be charged for the session you miss and the session you eventually attend.
If you have previously taken college-level English, science, or math courses at a regionally accredited college or university, you may be able to waive placement testing. Bring copies of your transcript to the Office of the Dean of Liberal Arts in Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B623 for evaluation.