Academic advisement is an ongoing partnership between you and your advisor. We help you address issues that relate to your academic progress at FIT. Advisors have extensive knowledge of FIT's programs, policies and procedures, and academic deadlines. We work closely with the colleges network of resources and other offices on campus to help you find the information and assistance you need.
What to Expect from Us
- Professional, courteous advisement at all stages of your FIT education
- A student-centered approach based on respect for each individual
- A safe, supportive place to discuss academic issues
- Clear, accurate information about your program and academic options
- Customized strategies to help you balance academic and personal responsibilities
- Help with developing realistic plans to achieve your academic goals
- Follow-up in evaluating your academic progress
The Academic Advisement Center can help you answer questions such as:
- What courses do I need to take as part of my degree program?
- What courses can I take to fulfill my liberal arts requirements?
- I plan to go on for a bachelor's degree after I get my AAS. What should I do?
- How can I switch my major?
- How do I declare a minor?
- What's the impact of dropping a course?
What We Ask of You
- Punctual arrival for your scheduled appointment.
- Keep an open mind. Sometimes the most promising opportunities are the unexpected ones.
- Help us to help you. Let us know about any questions you have so we can help guide you in the right direction.