As a student using military educational benefits, it is required by Veteran Affairs that you meet with an Academic Advisor. Our staff at the Academic Advisement Center will be able to assist you in mapping out your curriculum requirements while helping you fulfill the Veteran Affairs requirement of a meeting with an advisor. To schedule an appointment you can use our online appointment scheduling system.
Academic Advisement Center Quick Tips for Military Connected Students
- Academic Advisement Center Staff for Military Connected Students
- Disclose your Military Connected status to your academic advisor
- Understanding your grades
- Acceptable grades A, B, C, D, and P (Pass)
- Failed courses may be repeated
- Incompletes must be made up within the first six weeks of the following semester
- "WD" grades will be reported to the Department of Veteran Affairs and may result in an overpayment that you (the student) will be responsible for paying if you drop below full time status
- Discuss course withdrawals with your advisor - Non-punitive grade of "WD"
- If you withdraw from a course past the add/drop date and drop below full time (12 credits) you will have to pay the Department of Veteran Affairs back the overpayment
- Overpayment can include tuition, fees, and housing allowance
- Mitigating circumstances (accident, illness, relocation, military deployment, etc.) do happen where students may not have to re-pay
- Students receiving military educational benefits who also receive federal or state financial aid are subject to additional eligibility guidelines and regulations
- FIT Student Resources
For additional information regarding Veteran Services at FIT please visit Veteran Services.