We are happy to meet with you in person, online, or via telephone.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Log in to MyFIT. On the Student tab, click on Make an Appointment with your Academic Advisor in the Online Resources box. That link will take you to the appointment system, where you can schedule an appointment, check in for an existing appointment, and learn more about our advisors.
- If you would prefer an online (virtual) or telephone advisement session, select your preference within the Appointment Type dropdown menu.
- Appointments are made using Eastern time, so please be mindful of any time difference when scheduling your appointment.
- The default session length is 30 minutes. We suggest keeping that session length, especially if you are arranging a first meeting with an advisor or if you are requesting an online (virtual) or telephone session.
If you have questions about making an appointment, review how to use our appointment system, or you call us at (212) 217-3080.
Additional Instructions for Online and Telephone Sessions
Online Advisement via Email (Google Hangout)
- Select Virtual Appointment in the Appointment Type dropdown menu on the Make an Appointment page.
- Your advisor will send any documents needed to your FIT email address.
- At your designated appointment time, log into your FIT email account using your FIT username and
(How to Sign Into Your FIT Email Account)
- After logging in, look for a chat request from your advisor. Accept it to begin your session.
If you are interested in a video chat session, follow the Google directions for how to start a video call.
- Select Telephone Appointment in the Appointment Type dropdown menu on the Make an Appointment page.
- Your advisor will will send any documents needed to your FIT email address, along with a phone number to call for the session. (How to Sign Into Your FIT Email Account)
- At your designated appointment time, call your advisor at the number provided to you via email. If you did not provide an email address or cannot locate the phone number sent to you, please call the Academic Advisement Center main number at (212) 217-3080.