FIT Economic Impact
In 2009, FIT:
- Generated more than $283 million of spending in New York.
- Contributed more than $139 million to household incomes in New York.
- Employed 3,085 full- and part-time workers.
- Had a student body of more than 10,000 full- and part-time students, nearly 68 percent of whom are from New York.
- Held summer and weekend classes for 3,500 middle and high school students seeking portfolio- and career-building skills.
- Led nearly 500 programs for executives in fashion and design-related fields.
- Attracted more than 200,000 visitors to its Chelsea campus for cultural and educational events.