Access for FIT Alumni
Reference Services (to make an appointment or ask questions about using the FIT Library) (212) 217-4400
FIT alumni are welcome to visit and use the FIT Library by appointment. Please call the Reference Desk at 212.217.4400, identify yourself as an alumnus/alumna and briefly explain your research needs to our Reference faculty. Appointments are scheduled for specific arrival times and may be made for most times the Library is open.
The Library offers self-service photocopying and computer printing; please bring cash (bills only) to add money onto a copying/printing card which will be given to you upon request.
Alumni must meet College security regulations which govern access to all College buildings:
• Photo ID [currently valid] is required to enter the Goodman Center (E-Building). Visitors will be given a Library visitor’s pass by the Security officer.
• Once in the Goodman Center, take the elevator to the 5th Floor. Access to the 4th and 6th Floors within the library is only via the inner stairwell from the 5th Floor.
Alumni have access to most materials & services at the library but there are a few exceptions. Note: This list is subject to change without notice.
• General computer access for Internet, e-mail, and word processing, and WiFi / wireless network access are not available for visitors (including alumni). We allow access to online databases using designated stations. We can refer you to nearby facilities (a public library or commercial operation) for other needs.
• Because of licensing restrictions, some materials are for use by currently-registered FIT students and faculty only. These include forecasting & trend services (Doneger Creative Services, WGSN, etc.) and some market research studies (MRI, Mintel, etc).
• Alumni may only use materials in the Library; borrowing for outside the Library is not permitted.
• FIT Databases are not available remotely outside the Library.
The Library reserves the right to refuse to grant access privileges to any person who fails to observe Library regulations. Visitors who engage in noisy or disruptive behavior, or who are using Library facilities for purely recreational purposes, may be asked to leave.