The Summer Class in NYC application will be available by February 2015.
- Enter the name of the college you are enrolled at for summer where application requires “Internship Company Name”.
- In each field that requires internship information, please enter “Summer College Class NYC”
- Please note all correspondence from FIT summer housing will classify applicant as a “Visiting Intern”
2. What are the requirements for Summer Class in NYC?
- Must be 18 years old to apply (proof of age required)
• Submit proof of summer college course enrollment in NYC
• Must pay for the entire summer housing program
• Must complete online orientation questionnaire with a passing grade
3. What are acceptable documents to qualify as a Summer Class in NYC applicant?
- Proof of summer college course enrollment in NYC submit one of the following:
o Summer 2015 tuition Bill
o Transcript from school enrolled in for the summer
- Proof of age (18 years of age or older) submit one of the following:
o Valid Driver’s License
o Valid Passport
o Valid Non-Drivers ID
o Birth Certificate
4. When will I know if my summer housing is approved?
You will not be approved until all required documents have been submitted. After submitting an application and uploading all required documents, you will receive an email within 3 to 5 business days with approval status.
5. How do I pay for housing?
Once approved, you will receive an email within 3 to 5 business days with instructions to pay by credit card.
6. I have submitted payment and received confirmation. What is the next step?
Paid applicants will be emailed specific instructions regarding check-in procedures in May.
7. When is check-in?
Check-in for Summer Class in NYC is Monday, May 25, 2015 and Tuesday, May 26, 2015 from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
8. Will I have a roommate(s)?
We recommended requesting a roommate. Applicants without requests will be assigned roommates based on age and gender. FIT does not assign males and females in the same room.
9. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest during the summer and is there a fee?
Yes. Summer overnight visitation is limited to 8 nights per 30 days not exceeding 2 consecutive nights. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12AM-8AM and must be pre-registered and paid. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply; see resident handbook.
10. What residence hall is available for Summer Class in NYC residents?
406 West 31st Street (between 9th and 10th avenues)
New York, NY 10001
11. Can Summer Class in NYC residents pay an additional fee to move in early or stay after the listed dates of stay?
We are not able to accommodate anyone before Monday, May 25, 2015 or after Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 9AM.
12. Will I be given a refund if I no longer want to stay at FIT?
There are NO REFUNDS for summer housing.
13. If I move in late or move out early, will I be given a lower rate?
Housing rates are not prorated in the summer. Please plan accordingly to take advantage of the contracted dates of stay.
14. What furniture is provided in the suite?
All suites consist of furnished rooms, kitchen, and private bath. Each apartment has a twin bed, desk, armoire, and chest of drawers per occupant. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows and blankets.
15. Is the cafeteria opened during the summer sessions?
No. Please check out the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries.[A1]
16. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, this includes paraphernalia.