2. How can I apply?
Click Here to Apply
You will need a username and password to upload required documents.
Username: Email address entered on your application
Password: Your date of birth entered as the two digit month, date and year. Ex: 022785
Enter the name of the college you are enrolled at for the summer where application requires “Internship Company Name.”
In each field that requires internship information, please enter “Summer College Class NYC.”
3. What are the requirements for Summer Class in NYC?
4. What are acceptable documents to qualify as a Summer Class in NYC applicant?
For proof of a summer college course in NYC, submit one of the following:
- summer 2014 tuition bill
- transcript from the school you're enrolled in for the summer
For proof of age (18 years or older), submit one of the following:
- valid driver's license
- valid passport
- valid non-driver ID
- birth certificate
5. When will I know if my summer housing is approved?
You will not be approved until all required documents have been submitted. After submitting an application and uploading all required documents, you will receive an email within 3 to 5 business days with approval status.7. How do I pay for housing?
Once approved, you will receive an email within 3 to 5 business days with instructions to pay by credit card. This is the only form of payment that will be accepted. Payment is due in full.
6. I have submitted payment and received confirmation. What is the next step?
Paid applicants will be emailed specific instructions regarding check-in procedures in May.
7. When is check-in?
Check-in for Summer Class in NYC is Monday, May 26, 2014 and Tuesday, May 27, 2014 from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
We recommended requesting a roommate. Applicants without requests will be assigned roommates based on age and gender. FIT does not assign males and females in the same room.
9. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest during the summer and is there a fee?
Yes and yes. Summer overnight visitation is limited to eight nights per 30 days, not to exceed two consecutive nights. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. An overnight guest is anyone visiting between Midnight and 8:00 am; they must be pre-registered and paid for.
All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply; see resident handbook.
10. How do I pre-register and pre-pay for my overnight visitors?
All overnight visitors must be pre-registered and paid prior to arrival. Without pre-registration your guests will not be allowed in the halls. Further instructions will be posted here by May. Please click here to register guests.
- Summer Class in NYC residents can pre-pay by signing on the Non-Student Payment System. Please click here to submit payment.
- Summer Class in NYC residents will need their Visiting Intern user name and password. Resident’s user name is the email address listed on the Visiting Intern application and the password is their date of birth listed as the two digit month, date and year. For example: 022789
- Please note: Pre-paying for guests DOES NOT guarantee approval. Residents must also register guests before 6PM on their day of arrival (see “How to Pre-register Overnight Guest” above)
- Requests will be denied if payment is not submitted by 6PM on the date of the guest’s arrival
11. What residence hall is available for Summer Class in NYC residents?
Kaufman Hall, 406 West 31st Street (between 9th and 10th avenues), New York, NY 10001
12. Can Summer Class in NYC students pay an additional fee to move in early or stay after the listed dates of stay?
No, extensions are not allowed.
13. Will I be given a refund if I no longer want to stay at FIT?
There are NO REFUNDS for summer housing.
14. If I move in late or move out early, will I be given a lower rate?
Housing rates are not pro-rated in the summer. Please plan accordingly to take advantage of the contracted dates of stay.
15. What furniture is provided in the apartments/suites?
All suites consist of furnished rooms, kitchen, and private bath. Each apartment has a twin bed, desk, armoire, and chest of drawers for each occupant. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows, and blankets.
16. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
No. FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, including paraphernalia.
17. Is the cafeteria opened during the summer sessions?
No. Please check out the FIT Neighborhood Guide for restaurants and places to buy groceries.