Credit Card Marketing Policy
The following specifically prohibits the advertising, marketing, or merchandising of credit cards on college campuses to students, except as provided in the policy.
The advertising, marketing, or merchandising of credit cards to students on the campus of The Fashion Institute of Technology is strictly prohibited, except as provided herein.
- Any visitor, licensee, or invitee on the campus found violating this policy may be banned from the campus for a period of up to two years.
- Any credit card issuer represented by such a visitor, licensee, or invitee found violating this policy may be banned from the campus for a period of up to one year.
- Any student or member of the faculty or staff found violating this policy may be subject to disciplinary action pursuant to the Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy Manual, the Collective Bargaining Agreement between FIT and the DCE of FIT, or such other authority as is applicable. The disciplinary action may result in a penalty including prohibition of any and all future credit card marketing on the campus.
- The foregoing penalties shall be in addition to any penalty pursuant to the Penal Law or any other law to which a violator or organization may be subject.
This policy does not apply to the advertising, marketing, or merchandising of credit cards
- to non-students by either the college or an agent of the college, or
- to students through direct mail, newspapers or magazines.