Program with Bios
|9:00am||Registration and Check In|
|9:15am||Welcome from the EduTech Day Planning Committee|
|9:30am||Opening Remarks: Dr. Joyce F. Brown, President|
|9:45am - 10:30 am||FIT Panel
"Perspectives on the The Role of Technology and Pedagogy"
|10:45am - 11:45am||Break Out A|
|12:00pm - 1:15pm||Lunch
Ashley Rigby, Higher Education Specialist
Herman Miller Inc.
|1:30pm - 2:30pm||Break Out B|
|2:45pm to 4:15pm||Break Out C|
|4:15pm to 4:30pm||Closing Remarks|
Break Out A - 10:45am - 11:45am
"Classroom Tools For the Cloud" Karen Pearson, Science and Math; Carmita Sanchez-Fong, Interior Design; Calvin Williamson, Science and Math
"Prezi-lution The renewed Conflict between Form and Function" Matthew Petrunia, English and Speech; Lasse Savola, Science and Math
"Ebooks and Academic Learning" Helen Lane, Research and Instructional Services, Library; Leslie Preston, Acquisitions, Library; NJ Wolfe, Library
"The Living Classroom - Creating a Real World Experience within the Classroom Walls and Beyond" Naomi Gross, Fashion Merchandising Management
Break Out B- 1:30pm - 2:30pm:
- Panel for Blended Learning Tamara Cupples, Online Learning
Panelists to include: David Drogin, History of Art; Gloria Lang, Home Products Development; Karen Pearson, Science and Math
- "The Mobile Learning Space: How the iPad is Revolutionizing Learning" Jon Landis, Development Executive, Apple, Inc.
- "Are we teaching art or technology? How can we do better?" Join us in a conversation Brian Emery, Photography; Janice Robertson, Pratt Institute
- "Digital Environments in the Library of Alexandria" Debbie Deas, Computer Graphics
Break Out C - 2:45pm - 4:15pm:
- "Social Media in Education: Top panelists to cover how social media and new online/mobile communication platforms can concretely augment learning and teaching as a 'natural' part of the education toolset" Jean Mark Rejaud, Advertising and Marketing Communications (Read more about this panel here)
- "Collaborating Presenting for Designers using Adobe Tools" Steve Adler, Acrobat Specialist, Adobe Inc.
- "Student Blogs - An Exciting Tool for Learning" Mark Higden, Fashion Merchandising Management; Julia Jacquette, Fine Arts
- "Digital Media for Education" Anthony Woods, Video Product Specialist, Cisco