Rachel Fishbein Wins Footwear News Shoe Star 2011 Competition
The competition was announced at a kick-off event on September 21, 2010. Contestants presented submissions created during the fall semester to FN judges in late fall and 12 finalists were selected. On February 1, at a special event in the Katie Murphy Amphitheatre, the six finalists were announced.
- Hyojin Choi (Hometown: Seongnam-si, Grenoggi-do, South Korea)
- Matthew Ciszek (Hometown: New Providence, NJ)
- Rachel Fishbein (Hometown: Lafayette, CA)
- Keena Fleming (Hometown: St Croix, Virgin Islands)
- Maggie Kervick (Hometown: Ocean, NJ)
- Shannon Ramiza (Hometown: Cortland, NY)
They took part in a series of five design challenges during the spring 2011 semester. FN covered the competition online and in its print publication, and a dedicated FNShoeStar.com website broadcast weekly coverage, along with other interactive content and social media.