LARI & BARBARA STANTON FITNESS CENTER RULES AND REGULATIONS
The FIT recreation programs and facilities are open to all FIT students, faculty, and staff.
- Members must show a valid FIT Identification Card to enter the facility.
- Members are required to sign-in at each visit.
- Members who participate in recreation programs and facilities do so at their own risk. FIT is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Medical clearance before participating in an exercise program is highly recommended.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Sneakers must be worn at all times. No sandals, open toed or open backed shoes, jeans or jean shorts are permitted.
- Food, gum, smoking, tobacco products, alcohol, and drugs are not permitted.
- Water and sports drinks are permitted provided they are in a sealable non-glass container.
- Personal effects, including bags and other items, are to be stored in lockers and are not allowed within any recreation facility.
- Please keep track of your belongings. The Recreation Staff is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse service to any member who violates any rule or regulation, or engages in any verbal and/or physical abuse of the Recreation Staff or other members.
RECREATION FACILITY ETIQUETTE
- All members are required to wipe down cardio and weight room equipment after each use. Disinfecting wipes are provided.
- Other members must be allowed to “work in” between sets.
- Return weights to the tree or rack.
- Weights or dumbbells may not be dropped on the floor or benches.
- During busy times or whenever someone is waiting for a machine, you must observe the 30 MINUTE TIME LIMITS on all cardiovascular equipment.
The Recreation staff on duty is ultimately responsible for enforcing all rules, regulations, and procedures. If at any time a member does not comply with the rules the member will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Recreation privileges may be revoked. The Recreation Staff on duty has the right to enlist the help of Campus Security at any time.
Any problems, questions, or concerns regarding FIT Recreation should be submitted via e-mail to Kerri-Ann McTiernan, at email@example.com. Please clearly indicate the issue being addressed, and be sure to include your name and contact information.