Faculty Senate Committee on Sustainability
"... to help guide the evolutionary steps needed in making FIT a model of sustainability.
We will encourage and facilitate the collaborative efforts of the FIT community to generate knowledge, acquire skills, develop values, and initiate practices that contribute to a sustainable, high quality of life on campus, and beyond."
Elected Members (Fall 2013)
- Arthur Kopelman, Science & Mathematics - Committee Chair
- Karen Cannell, Library
- Jacqueline Costello, Student Member
- Patrice George, Textile Development and Marketing
- Naomi Gross, Fashion Merchandise Management
- Nomi Kleinman, Textile Surface Design
- Sandra Krasovec, Packaging Design
- Philip Milio, Student Life
- Bill Mooney, English & Speech
- Carissa Randazo, Student Member
- Raj Vangapaty, Registration & Records
The committee's responsibilities are:
- Initiate, develop and recommend policies and procedures across all areas of the college for best practices in sustainability related issues.
- Develop and maintain a sustainability handbook.
- Initiate and support communication for disseminating pertinent information regarding sustainability to the college community.