In this section

Non-Degree Enrollment

The Center for Continuing & Professional Studies offers you the opportunity to take credit, non-degree courses at FIT with no formal application to the college required.  The only requirements are 1) a high school diploma or its equivalent, and 2) the legal ability to take credit courses in the United States (ie, not on a tourist visa).

Complete the Non-Degree Enrollment Form if you have never taken classes at FIT, or require re-admission as a non-degree student.  The non-refundable processing fee is $50.00.  You will need to create a temporary log-in ID to access the enrollment form.  Upon completion, we will process your information and send your new/updated FIT ID number within 2 business days.

You may return to an incomplete enrollment form using your previously created temporary log-in ID.

Information for New York City Residents:

If you are a resident of New York City, submit your proof of residency documentation as soon as possible to avoid having your tuition billed at the out-of-state rate. You can bring your documentation in person to the Registrar's Office located in the Feldman Center Room c158, or send scanned documents to

Students must submit all of the documents listed below to prove NYC residency.  The documents must be dated one year prior to the 1st day of the semester.

1. New York State tax return for most recent tax year (first page of the IT201 form)

2. Federal tax returns for most recent tax year (first page of the 1040 form)

3. W2 form for most recent tax year

4. Residential rental lease, or proof of ownership of New York State real estate property.

5. New York State driver license (or non-driver identification card) or motor vehicle registration.

Information for New York State (Outside of New York City) Residents:

In accordance with New York State Educational Law, New York State residents who live in counties other than those of New York City must submit a Certificate of Residence to FIT in order to qualify for the resident tuition rate.  For information and the application for the Certificate of Resident, visit


Students who are not US citizens must have a Resident Alien Card, and meet the other residency requirements as discussed above.  If the application is still pending, you must send a copy of your passport, stamped by the I.N.S., as being processed for I-551, or a copy of the Notice of Action from the I.N.S. in response to Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence.

International Students

International students with F-1 Student Visas are not eligible for in-state tuition rate.  Students with other types of Visas may be eligible if they have been residents of New York (as discussed above) for at least one year, prior to the date of registration.  The student must have possessed the qualifying visa for at least one year prior to the date of registration.

New York State Immunization Requirements

The New York State Public Health Law requires students enrolled for at least six (6) semester credit hours submit certain immunization records.  Students will not be permitted to continue attendance at FIT if these requirements are not completed.  Immunization documents are submitted to FIT Health Services in Dubisky Center Room a402.  For more information, see


Checklist for New Non-Degree Students
Guide to MyFIT
Payment Information
Registration Instructions


Adult Learners & Career ProfessionalsEmployers & IndustryAlumni: The Power of ConnectionFaculty & StaffCurrent StudentsParentsRecently Accepted Students About FITAcademicsAdmissionsStudent Life at FITGive to FITFIT & NYCNews & Events See More of FITMy FITContact UsTake a CourseApplyVisit FIT MyFIT Home