2014 YMA FSF SCHOLARSHIPS
FIT announces the YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund. To apply for this $5000 scholarship:
- You must currently be in your 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th semester.
- You must carry at least 12 credits (including Evening/Weekend students).
- One-year AAS students must continue at FIT for your BS degree.
- International students must stay in the U.S. after graduation.
- You must work in the fashion industry after graduation.
- You must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
WINNERS OF HENRY DONEGER ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCED
Congratulations to this year's Doneger Scholarship winners:
Melissa Weilacher - AAS ($3100)
Christine Leahy, Heather Kamback, Anastasia Kudrashova, and Alex Genova - BS ($5200)
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you are currently in your 3rd or 4th semester in your two-year AAS degree or 5th, 6th, or 7th semester in your BS degree. If you are a one-year AAS degree student, you must be in your second semester and applying for the BS degree in FBM. You must be a current matriculated day student with a minimum of a 3.0 or better GPA.
You must submit an application to Robin Sackin, Chair of the FBM Department. Details for next year's scholarship will be provided on this page.
Please submit the following information.
- a 1-2 page double-spaced letter giving an overview of yourself, your goals, and how you would use the scholarship money should you receive it;
- an updated resume with your current address and phone number;
- an official transcript, which you may request from the registrar and which must accompany the packet you are handing in; and
- a 3-5 page double-spaced paper on one of the following two topics: (Grammar and spelling count!)
a) Retailer collaborations with designers, brands, other retailers, or charities are becoming an important peice of retailing today. What is your favorite example? Why? How do you see this trend evolving in the future?
b) There have been recent concerns of the relevance of Fashion Week in New York, London, Paris and Milan.What is the real purpose of Fashion Week? How has it evolved? What strategy would you suggest it take to continue successfully and reflect the changes in the industry?
Doneger Scholarship Selection Process
- All applications will be reviewed by Robin Sackin. The top applications will be sent to The Doneger Group, where they will be read by The Doneger Group Executive Team.
- The Doneger Group will make their decisions and send them to Professor Sackin who will contact the winners.
- Scholarship recipients will be invited to the The Doneger Group offices to meet with company executives and will also be invited to various events throughout the year.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.