You must first be accepted to the college and your tuition deposit must be received and processed by the Bursarís Office. You will NOT be able to access the application until your tuition deposit has been processed, which can take up to 3-5 business days. Then follow these three steps:
STEP 1 - Apply Online
March 18-June 1
View our video for step-by-step instructions on how to apply online.
Please Note: Roommate and Room preferences are submitted through steps 2 and 3 of the application process below, not at time of application as shown in video. These preferences will be unavailable on the online application after June 1st.
- Log in to MyFIT
- Choose "STUDENT" tab
- Choose "Fall/Spring Application"
- Select "Apply Online"
- Choose application = "New/Entering FIT"
Note: All Students will be required to submit a $300 non-refundable housing deposit by credit card to apply (See FAQs)
STEP 2 - Select Roommates
April 14-June 1
- Log in to MyFIT - MyHousing
- Click "Roommate Selection" to enter your choice of roommate(s). You must have your roommate's name and FIT email address. Donít have a roommate? Use Advanced Roommate Search.
- You cannot choose roommate(s) who did not apply under Step 1. All roommates must log in and request each other under Step 2.
STEP 3 - Select a Room Type
June 3-June 5
- On June 2, you will receive an email notification of your selection date/time based on your selection number.
- At your designated date/time, go to MyHousing and click "Select A Room/Suite."
- It is recommended that you select a room type at the earliest assigned date and time. Note: YOU ARE ONLY SELECTING A ROOM TYPE, NOT AN ACTUAL ROOM.
All FIT students taking 12 or more credits are eligible to apply for campus housing. Highest priority is given to full-time matriculated undergraduate students taking 12 or more credits.
The online housing application is available through MyFIT. You can log into MyFIT with the username and password assigned to you by the Admissions Office. Students experiencing difficulties signing in to MyFIT should contact the Bursarís Office to check that their tuition deposit has been received.
A $300.00 Non-Refundable deposit is required upon submission of the housing application. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. This is not an additional fee and will be credited toward your total housing charges.
If you are having difficulties accessing the housing application, please feel free to contact the Residential Life Office at 212 217.3900 or 212 217.3930.
All correspondence is sent to your FIT email address (example: email@example.com). Check your FIT email regularly for housing updates and payment due dates to avoid being dropped from your housing assignment.
COMING BY JUNE 1: TOUR VIDEO OF ALUMNI, COED, NAGLER HALLS
CHECK THIS PAGE FOR LINKS AND UPDATED INFORMATION!