Password Change Policy
Policy Item: IT004, Information Technology
Fashion Institute of Technology (“FIT” or “the College”) is committed to a secure information technology environment in support of its mission. As passwords are a vital component of system security, this policy was instituted to establish a standard for the creation of strong password, the protection of those passwords, and the frequency of change. This standard for password change will increase the personal security of our community members and help protect the privacy of academic, business and research resources of the College. This policy applies to all systems at the College that require the use of passwords, including but not limited to e-mail, the system network, Banner, privileged and generic accounts.
Who Should Read This Policy
· All persons who are provided an account on the College’s network or systems, including employees, guests, contractors, partners, and suppliers.
- Responsible Administrator(s): Office of Information Technology
- Responsible Office(s): Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
- Date Issued: April 2006; Date Revised: November 2014
· Contact: Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.