The President created an annual fund of $15,000 to encourage the development of educational projects, scholarly research, creative endeavors and professional activities that promote the Diversity Council’s goals of diversity, tolerance and inclusion. Below is a list of recent grant winners from 2008-2014.
- Miss Communication—Pansum Cheng, student, Fine Arts/Sculpture Technologist
- International Student Speech Contest: Lessons learned / Advice Offered —Professor Asli Gokhan-Kucuk, Patricia Iacobazzo, Charlotte Brown, Lee Whiting, and Matthew Petrunia, English and Speech
- A Queer History of Fashion Symposium—Tanya Melendez, the Museum at FIT (with collaborators Melissa Marra, Tamsen Schwartzman, and Dr. Valerie Steele)
- Diversity and Globalization: Achieving more diverse teams, consumer communication, and leadership culture in global corporations – Professor Stephen Kanlian, Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing and Management, Graduate Studies
- Language and Learning at FIT: Celebrating the Stories of English Language Learners – Patrick Jackson and Sasha Graybosh, Writing Studio
- LGBTQ and Ally Training –Vivian Chen and Cody Kirkpatrick, Residential Life
- Women in Design-related Technology: Learning from Real-life Stories - Professors Elaine Maldonado, CET; and Karen Pearson, Science and Mathematics
- Marriage Equality New York - Professor Ron Amato, Photography; Kevin Campo, Kendra Heisler, Beth Zink, Steven Walsh, Livia Glosikova and Loreal Prystaj, Photography major students.
- A New DAWN: Disability Awareness Week Network - Elizabeth Mortensen and Joseph Plutz, Office of Disability Services: FIT-ABLE
- ARTSpeak - Professors John Allen and Jean Feinberg, Fine Arts
2009 – 2010:
- Foreign Born Faculty Panel - Professor Asli Gokhan, English and Speech
- FIT Diversity Oral Histories - Professors Greta Earnest and Karen Cannell, Library; Professors Isabella Bertoletti and James Cascaito, Foreign Languages; Professor Daniel Levinson Wilk, American History; Professor Karen Scheetz, Fashion Design
- FIT’s Heirloom Recipes: A Cross-Cultural Exchange - Professors Jean Amato, Amy Lemmon, Michael Hyde and Melissa Tombro, English and Speech; Professor Charlotte Brown, Educational Skills
- Covering/Discovering - Alex Joseph, Communications and External Relations
- Diversity and Learning - Professor Pamela Ellsworth, Global Fashion Management
- Photo Talks - Professor Jessica Wynne, Photography
- Dynamic Diversity - Professor Charlotte Brown, Educational Skills; Professor Brian Fallon, Writing Studio; and Madeline Meyerson, Academic Advisement Center.