See More of FITMy FITContact UsGive to FITTake a CourseApplyVisit FIT
Adult Learners & Career ProfessionalsEmployers & IndustryAlumni: The Power of ConnectionFaculty & StaffCurrent StudentsParentsRecently Accepted Students
FIT & NYCNews & EventsAthletics & RecreationCampus LifeAdmissionsAcademicsAbout FIT
FIT LibraryThe Museum at FIT
- Eligibility: Candidates with questions should contact the Program Coordinator to review their eligibility for the certificate.
- Credit Certificate Declaration: Candidates interested in a Credit Certificate need to fill out the Credit Certificate Declaration form to be properly coded as a certificate student.
- Financial Aid: Financial Aid is not available for certificate programs.
- F-1 Visa: FIT cannot issue an an I-20 or help a student attain an F-1 Visa for studies in certificate programs.
- Industry experience: Courses in the certificate programs cannot be waived for prior or current industry experience.
- Course Substitutions or Transfer Credits: Courses taken in other majors or at other schools cannot be substituted or transferred to replace certificate courses.
- Grade Requirements: Students must complete all courses with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 (C) before a certificate will be issued.
- Certificate Completion: Students must submit a Application for Certificate at the Registrar's Office when their program of study has been successfully completed so that the certificate can be awarded.
- High School Diploma or GED: All non-degree students must have earned a high school diploma or a GED prior to taking courses at FIT.
- Prerequisites: Most programs assume a certain level of knowledge about fashion and design and may have prerequisite courses outside the certificate program. If the student has not taken those prerequisites, they will need to obtain a waiver from the Department chairperson for the prerequisites.