Goals and Objectives of the Faculty Development Program, including the CET and Teaching Institute
1. Promote excellence in teaching
2. Promote student-centeredness in teaching
3. Increase faculty use of technology in teaching
4. Foster faculty professional growth
5. Recognize faculty excellence
- 7 Mac Workstations with 22" flat screen monitors
- 6 PC Workstations with 19" flat screen monitors
- 8 Wacom Intuos2 4"x5" tablets
- 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 21" tablet
- 2 large format (12"x17") flatbed scanners
- 2 document scanners
- 2 film/slide scanner
- Digital projection
The CET provides FIT faculty with equipment, expertise and support for their pedagogical interests and needs. The Center may be used for these academic purposes only.
The Center is available to faculty members 24/7. Users must have a current FIT faculty card that has been activated by Security to operate the front door. Please go to the Security Office on the 4th floor to have your card activated for this purpose.
Workstation seats are available on a first come, first serve basis.
The Center is committed to providing access to software used in classrooms and labs at FIT. If you don't see software you need please let us know.
The Centerís computers cannot store any usersí files except during work sessions. Machines are rebuilt every evening and any files saved to the local hard drive are deleted. Users may store their work on their own personal drives or use Google Drive which is among the Google Apps available to the entire FIT
The CET is not able to lend equipment or manuals. We ask that faculty not remove any lab references or manuals from the Center's premises. Please be aware that at the Center, as elsewhere, duplication of commercial CDs is illegal and not permitted. Similarly, copying of proprietary software is illegal and not permitted.
Food and drink are not generally allowed in the CET in order to preserve equipment and maintain a hygienic environment.
CET Annual Reports
- CET 2013-14 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2012-13 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2011-12 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2010-11 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2009-10 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2008-09 Annual Report (pdf)
- Attachments are available at the CET.
CET Annual Surveys
- CET 2013 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2012 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2011 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2010 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2009 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2008 Annual Survey (pdf)
CET Advisory Board
The CET Advisory Board was established in January, 2014, and its first meeting was held at FIT on January 16, 2014. This effort seeks to bring together directors of regional teaching and learning centers in order share best practices and improve upon existing programs.
Founding members include:
- Elaine Maldonado, director, CET, FIT/SUNY
- Jeffrey Riman, coordinator, CET, FIT/SUNY
- Patricia Aceves, director of Faculty Center, Stonybrook/SUNY
- Eva Fernandez, director, Center for Teaching and Learning, Queens College-CUNY
- Julia Jordan, director, Faculty Commons, Citytech/CUNY