- A Memorandum identifying Issues for First Roundtables;
- A Report on Interview Results;
- A Report summarizing the Central Themes from the Strategic Planning Roundtables convened December 6-7 and December 15-16, 2004; and
- A Report on Enrollment Trends.
Over the next two months we are asking the special planning committee addressing the Digital Challenge to focus on the following strategic challenge.
Strategic Challenge. To consider broadly the impact that rapid introduction of digital technologies in both design and manufacturing are having on the industries that FIT serves, on the curricula FIT offers, and on the scale and pace of digital technologies and devices acquired by FIT. This special planning committee should begin by assessing the state of the digital technologies that now support academic programs at FIT and include in its responses estimates of the scale and scope of investments in this area FIT will need to make in the next decade.
- Explore and then specify the planning goals you would like the College to embrace regarding the acquisition and use of digital technologies to support the College’s academic programs;
- Identify a limited set of specific initiatives and the necessary resources to move the College forward in this area; and
- Suggest a limited set of metrics and benchmarks that the College could track to see if, over the next five years, sufficient progress is being achieved.
Digital Challenge Committee Members
CHAIR: Steven Zucker, assistant professor and chairperson, History of Art
CO-CHAIR: Carolyn Rieger, assistant vice president , Instructional Technology
Daria Dorosh, professor, Fashion Design—Art
Jana Duda, coordinator, Technology Resources, Gladys Marcus Library; adjunct instructor, Photography
Eric Feinblatt, coordinator, Center for Excellence in Teaching; adjunct assistant professor, Photography
Norman Gross, assistant vice president for Software Services, Information Technology
Beth Harris, assistant professor, History of Art; acting director, Distance Learning/Online Courses
Takashi Kamiya, assistant professor and chairperson, Interior Design
Donna Lehmann, coordinator of web communications, College Relations
Kam Mak, instructor, Illustration
Susan Martinez, office associate, Registration Center
Shaya Phillips, acting vice president, Information Technology
Christine Pomeranz, instructor, International Trade and Marketing
Vincent Salamone, technology manager, IT—Instructional Computing Center
Valerie Steele, director, The Museum at FIT
Rajasekhar Vangapaty, registrar, Registration Center
Calvin Williamson, instructor, Science and Mathematics