Checklist for New Students
Information for new Non-Degree Credit Students
Youíre registered for classes. So what do you do now? Read on and get prepared for the coming term!
- MyFIT and Student Email Account
- Visit MyFIT to access your student account.
- Your default username is firstname_lastname, and your default password is your birth date in this format: Mmmddyyyy. If your birth date is January 1st, 2013, then your password would be Jan012013.
- MyFIT gives you access to your student email, grades, and important announcements from FIT, among many other things. Check your email often, or forward it to your personal account so you don't miss anything.
- If you have difficulty logging in, use the links at the bottom of the MyFIT page.
- Student ID Card
- Bring proof of registration (the confirmation you received from the Registration Center, or a printed copy of your schedule from MyFIT) and identification to the Photo ID Center (located in the Pomerantz Center room D-404) Mondays-Fridays from 10am-9pm to get your student ID card.
- To get a new term sticker to go on your existing ID card, visit the Feldman Center Lobby or the Security Office with proof of your registration for the current term.
- You will need to show your ID each time you enter campus, as well as other times, so be sure to keep up with it and carry it with you at all times.
- Online Courses
- Visit and bookmark the Office of Online Learning website for information on accessing an online course
- FIT Policies and Code of Conduct
- Student Rights & Responsibilities Manual (including Code of Conduct)
- Course Books
- Generally the Professor distributes a syllabus at the first class meeting detailing what materials and books will be required for the course. You can check http://fashion.bncollege.com if you want to see if the books are listed before the first class period.