RA Alternate Job Description
1. Must return early each semester to assist with Residence Hall Opening.
OPENING OF THE RESIDENCE HALLS
2. Take shifts as scheduled during opening.
3. Distribute printed residence hall information to arriving residents.
4. Coordinate cart distribution.
5. Review visitation/security procedures.
6. Give out keys, check residents into rooms.
7. Show residents around the buildings.
8. Direct residents to campus offices.
9. Escort new residents to their rooms and explain essential information.
10. Accompanying residents to pre-designated areas of New York City.
11. Lead an orientation event as assigned.
12. Providing International student programming, as needed.
13. Work closely with the R.A. Staff when needed.
14. Participate in F.I.T. Open House.
15. RA Alternates will need to attend at least one of the two In-Services scheduled per semester.
16. RA Alternates will need to attend one Residence Hall Community Council meeting per semester.
PLEASE NOTE, FAILURE TO MEET THE ABOVE RESPONSIBILITIES WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL FROM THE POSITION AS WELL AS THE RESIDENCE HALLS IF YOUR HOUSING IS BASED ON YOUR STATUS AS AN RA ALTERNATE. THIS COULD OCCUR AT ANY TIME DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR.