- 1st Year Associate's Degree Program Abroad (1st and 2nd semesters)
If you are a prospective first-year student, you may begin the International Fashion Design program in Florence, Italy and continue your studies towards the Associate's Degree at FIT in New York City. To apply to the program please follow the instructions for prospective students.
- 2nd year Associate's Degree Program Abroad (3rd and 4th semesters)
You must receive departmental approval and have completed the first year Fashion Design major courses as well as English, Science/Math, and PE requirements for your AAS degree.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
- You must have completed one semester of Italian.
- You must be 18 or older by the date the program is to begin.
- You must obtain a visa for study in Italy if accepted. All non-EU students are required to obtain a visa for study in Italy. Admission to the program is one of the requirements for a visa to study in Italy, but does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. The Italian government sets the requirements and determines a student's eligibility for a visa. Apply for an Italian Visa.
- You must register and complete a minimum of 12 credits if you go abroad. If necessary, you may be able to register for some courses online, but that option cannot be guaranteed. Remember you risk jeopardizing your Financial Aid if you do not maintain 12 credits for each semester in Italy.