FIT-ABLE welcomes prospective students during their college-selection process to meet with the Coordinator.
- If a student or their parent is deaf or hard of hearing and requires a sign language interpreter, and the student is not a V.E.S.I.D. consumer with the ability to provide their own interpreter, arrangements can be made to secure a meeting date with the Office's staff interpreter, or an agency interpreter will be hired for said meeting. At least one week's notice is required to put in place this service.
- If a student and/or their parent are attending the Admissions Group Information Session and needs an interpreter, an agency interpreter will be hired by FIT-ABLE. The Admission video which has been closed captioned will be requested by FIT-ABLE to be aired during the beginning of the session.
- If a student requires a mobility orientation of the campus, upon scheduling a meeting with the Coordinator, arrangements can be made for a mobility orientation.
- If a student requires the use of a service animal while on-campus, FIT-ABLE will be notified in writing by the student, with written confirmation by the student's practitioner, prior to the student coming on-campus. The FIT-ABLE Coordinator will convey this information via e-mail to the Director of Campus Security for dissemination to all Security personnel.
- If a student requires information provided to all students in alternate format, every effort will be made to provide this information in the format requested.