The Office of Disability Services (FIT-ABLE) at the Fashion Institute of Technology/SUNY, provides services to students with disabilities, working with each individually. Students with psychological or psychiatric disabilities must establish eligibility for services and/or reasonable accommodations by providing written documentation, on official letterhead, by a licensed professional qualified to diagnose and treat the studentís disability. We reserve the right to share your information with the appropriate professionals in the Collegeís Counseling Center.
Your documentation should include the following:
- Recent psychiatric evaluation including DSM diagnosis and code
- Short term prognosis
- Impact of the studentís disability while in study at the College
- Impact of the studentís disability while living in on-campus residences
- Medications the student is currently taking, and how they may affect the student†
- Explain how medication treatment for disabling condition will be managed when student lives on-campus
- Type of treatment the student is currently receiving
- Name, address, phone number and credentials of current treating mental health professional
- Duration of relationship in treating the student
- Recommended reasonable accommodations.