News and Events
Come see us in B202.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!!!
If you know anyone who needs an internship and doesn't know how to get started, point them here, to our new schedule. The first step to an IC internship: attending a mandatory orientation!
Spring 2014 Orientations
(for Summer or Fall 2014 credited internships)
- Thursday, February 6, 2014, 1:15 - 2:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Thursday, February 6, 2014, 5:15 - 6:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Friday, February 7, 2014, 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm, Katie Murphy Amphitheatre
- Monday, February 10, 2014, 1:15 - 2:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 1:15 - 2:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 11:15 - 12:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Friday, February 14, 2014, 5:15 - 6:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 1:15 - 2:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
- Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 5:15 - 6:15 pm, Haft Auditorium
The Career and Internship Center (CIC) and The Writing Studio offered seminars on "Writing Effective Cover Letters and Resumes".
These were hands-on workshop where students worked independently at computer terminals with CIC counselors and Peer Writing Consultants there to answer questions and offer critiques of their work. The seminar began with a brief overview of the writing process. Students brought a draft of a cover letter and/or resume targeted to a specific company.
The workshops were held on:Cover Letter and Resume, Monday October 17th from 5-6pm in room C309
Cover Letter workshop, Tuesday October 18th from 4-5pm in room C309
Cover Letter and Resume, Wednesday October 26th from 1-2pm in room CC15A3
Cover Letter workshop, Wednesday November 2nd from 1-2pm in room CC15A