Withdrawing from the College
You may be eligible for a full or partial refund depending on your withdrawal date. Please see link: Withdrawals & Refund Periods
There are a number of ways to accomplish a withdrawal:
- You can come in person to the Counseling Center in Room A212B during office hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) to fill out a Withdrawal/Leave of Absence request or;
- You can mail, fax or email the Registration Center by following the directions below:
Mail: Registration Center, Business and Liberal Arts Center, Room B103, 227 West 27 Street, New York, NY 10001-5992
Fax: (212) 217-3850
Student ID Number
Reason for Leaving
Signature and Date (if you are not sending information through an email address)
Photo ID with signature on it (if you are not sending the information through an FIT email address)
You will receive an email within two (2) business days verifying your successful withdrawal from the college. Please keep a copy of this email for your records. In the event that you do not receive an email, please call (212) 217-3850.
Please do not call the Counseling Center to confirm receipt. We only do in-person withdrawals. The above information is sent to Registration Center. They will confirm receipt for you.
Please note the following:
- You must satisfy any college related finances before leaving the college. If you have any outstanding balances at the end of any semester, a hold will be placed on your account. Holds will prevent you from registering for future classes, sending/receiving transcripts, or other services from the college.
- Not attending class or stopping payment on a check is not considered an official withdrawal from the college and you will be responsible for all tuition liabilities.
- Late registration and program change fees may be assessed if you want to re-enroll. You are not guaranteed class availability if you need to re-register for courses.
- There will be a late payment fee of 1.5% assessed per month on all outstanding balances. Outstanding debts may be referred to a licensed collection agency and all collections fees may be added to the outstanding balance. If legal action becomes necessary, litigation and all court costs will be your responsibility to pay.
- To check refund eligibility, please visit www.fitnyc.edu/2956.asp
- If you wish to return to matriculated college status, you must contact the Admissions Office (C139) or visit www.fitnyc.edu/5353.asp
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students must visit A470 to fill out an exit survey before leaving the college.
- International Students here on a Student Visa must visit A608D before leaving the college.
International Student Advisors Office (212) 217-3700
Residential Life Office (212) 217-3900Financial Aid Office (212) 217-3560