The Couture Council
Couture Council Honors Michael Kors
|Sketch by Michael Kors
Join the Couture Council:
You can join or renew online via our secure website using your credit card,
or if you prefer to pay by check you may download a membership form
A Couture Council Annual Membership is $1,000 per individual or couple, or $350 for Young Associates (under the age of 35). Membership is tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Please make checks payable to the Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries. Mail checks to FIT Foundation, attention: Couture Council, Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, Director's Office, Room E304, New York City 10001-5992.
Members of the Couture Council receive invitations to at least five special events a year, including behind-the-scenes tours of the Museum's collection and exhibitions, opening receptions, and visits to the ateliers of fashion designers in New York. Couture Council members are also the first to receive notice of the annual Couture Council Awards Ceremony and benefit luncheon.
In addition, you will receive the following special membership benefits:
- Complementary admittance for two to all paid Museum educational programs, including the annual fashion symposium
- Acknowledgments in FIT's annual report, in the exhibition galleries and brochures, and on the FIT website
- Exclusive opportunities to meet other patrons of the fashion arts
Board of Directors
Laura Lofaro Freeman
|Anne Goldrach||Michèle Gerber Klein||Elizabeth Musmanno||Peter G. Scotese|
|Carole Divet Harting||Kamie Lightburn||Liz Peek||Jean Shafiroff|
|Celia Hegyi||Stephanie Loeffler||Nancy Raquet||Michelle Smith|
|Chiu-Ti Jansen||Julie Macklowe||Darcy Rigas||Jieun Wax|
|Eleanora Kennedy||Barbara Malone||Valerie Salembier||Sarah G. Wolfe|
Valerie Steele, Director MFIT
Members of the Couture Council 2013-2014
Leslie J. Ghize
Lynn and Carl Goldstein
Dawne Marie Grannum
Jody H. Grass
Michelle Lin Greenip
Dr. Evelyn Blose Holman
Sharon Coplan Hurowitz
Bonnie and Michael Koblenz
Judy A. Lockhart
Cassandra Seidenfeld Lyster
Julie Ann Orsini
Barbara J. Parsky
Sarah Sulzberger Perpich
Marjorie G. Rosen
Patricia G. Selden
Randall & Lewen Stempler
Diana L. Taylor
Ruben and Isabel Toledo
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff
Beverly B. Yunich
Highlights from Previous Special Events
- Invitation to the annual Couture Council Artistry of Fashion benefit luncheon. Past awardees: Ralph Rucci (2006), Alber Elbaz of Lanvin (2007), Isabel Toledo (2008), Dries Van Noten (2009), Karl Lagerfeld (2010), Valentino (2011), Oscar de la Renta (2012), and Michael Kors (2013).
- Private visits to the ateliers of fashion designers such as Isabel Toledo and her husband, fashion illustrator Ruben Toledo, Ralph Rucci, Zac Posen, Angel Sanchez, Chadwick Bell, Prabal Gurung, and J. Mendel.
- Store events with Calvin Klein, Verdura, Tiffany, and the FD Gallery.
- Lectures with Michael Kors and Ruben and Isabel Toledo at the Doubles Club.