Rights and Reproductions
If you are a member of the press and want to request images, please contact the Office of Communications and External Relations / Cheri Fein at email@example.com or 212 217.4700.
Image Request Instructions
Make your image request via our online request form.
Once we receive your request, every effort will be made to meet your publication deadline. Please allow 4-6 weeks to process your request. Following receipt and approval of your complete request, we will send you an invoice. The invoice must be paid in full, and the Rights and Reproductions Agreement signed before photography is released to you.
- Rights and Reproductions Fee Schedule
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement – Print
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement – Print (World Language Rights)
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement – Commercial
- Rights and Reproductions Agreement – Other
- Permission is granted for one-time, non-exclusive use, in one publication, one edition, and one language, unless duly stated and approved.
- At no time may the image(s) be used for advertisement.
- The image must be reproduced in its entirety. No alterations are allowed. No cropping, bleeding, or retouching is allowed.
- Nothing may be superimposed on the image.
- Images for use on the internet must include a link back to the Museum’s website, http://www.fitnyc.edu/museum.
- If an object has not been photographed, new photography may be requested. Please allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing, with an additional fee. New photography of oversize and/or fragile objects is at the discretion of the curators and conservators on staff and may require additional processing time.
- Fees for new photography are determined on a case-by-case basis, related to condition of object and ease of scheduling.
- Photography credit as provided must be included in the publication.
- Two complimentary copies of the publication must be sent to the Director’s Office at MFIT:
The Museum at FIT
Attn: Melissa Marra
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, E324
New York, NY 10001
Terms of Payment
Once you receive your invoice, payment is due in full and must be made in US dollars. All payment should be made out and remitted to The Museum at FIT. Accepted forms of payment are U.S. check or international wire transfer. Image requests will be released when payment is received and Rights and Reproductions Agreement is signed.
How to Reach Us
If you have any questions, you may reach us by phone, fax or email:
Attn: Melissa Marra
Tel: 212 217.4552 / Fax: 212 217.4531