Reciprocal Exchange Program
Students may study at the renowned RMIT University College of Art & Design (City Centre Campus) in Melbourne, Australia. RMIT has a distinguished international reputation in providing specific education and training for the textiles, clothing, footwear, and retail industries.
"RMIT is a global university of technology and design in one of the most liveable cities on earth. Melbourne is characterized by its maze of hidden laneways and eclectic eateries, art and fashion. There's simply no better place to combine a world-class study experience with the laid-back cafe culture this city has to offer.
Life at RMIT is filled with on and off campus events, over 100 clubs, student run media, sport competitions and more. You will be offered a range of support services and orientation activities to help you transition into one of the best personal and academic experiences you'll ever have." -RMIT EAO
• Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
• Advertising Design students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Students may participate in their 7th semester.
• Fashion Design students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department
Chairperson/Advisor. Students may participate in their 6th semester (Spring Term only).
Specializations: Sportswear & Special Occasion
**Portfolio Requirement: During the interview stage, portfolios should include both fashion artwork and actual garments from Fashion Art and Apparel classes. Further instructions will be specified once the online application is submitted.
• Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Students may participate in their 5th or 6th semesters.
• Textile/Surface Design students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department Chairperson/Advisor. Students may participate in their 7th semester.
Fashion Business Management Course Materials:
RMIT Fashion and Merchandise Management (BP310)
RMIT Course Electives
Textile/Surface Design Course Materials:|
Bachelor of Arts Textile Design (BP121)
RMIT Course Electives
RMIT Semester 1 (FIT Spring Semester): March — June
RMIT Semester 2 (FIT Fall Semester): July — November
Both on and off-campus housing is available to students attending RMIT.
RMIT Accommodation Services
A copy of this form may be brought to the Financial Aid Services Office so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.RMIT Financial Budget Sheet
- Information about Melbourne, Australia
- RMIT Study Abroad Application
- Obtaining an Australian Visa
- Arrival Information
- Accommodation Details
- Clubs and Interests Groups
- Mandatory Health Insurance
RMIT Orientation Information