FIT RESIDENCE HALL MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Detailed move in information will be sent to all residents. There are no move-in passes for spring move-in.
Please read this information carefully. In the event that there are changes to these instructions, FIT personnel will direct you to the proper check-in area upon arrival.
- You must bring your move-in pass to gain entrance to the block.
- You must report to your designated check-in area.
- You must have two people with you for assistance.
- There is no parking on the street. Cars will be given access to unload only. Parked cars will be towed by NYC police.
- Once your vehicle enters the check-in area:
1) unload the car immediately
2) one person must move the car to another street or a parking lot
3) one person must stay with possessions until the resident has been checked in
Individuals with qualified disabilities who require modification to the move-in procedures and schedule are urged to contact the Residential Life Department (212 217.3900) as early as possible to make special arrangements. Residents who need special living accommodations must also inform the FIT-ABLE Disability Services Office.
Things you should know:
- Overnight visitation is not allowed during move-in week, closing, and exam weeks. NO exceptions will be made. Please advise family members and friends.
- You must move into the residence halls at your specified day and time - NO EARLIER. You will not be processed unless you are scheduled to check in.
- If you arrive after 4:00 pm, you must be pre-registered or you will be charged a $25 late fee. Arrivals after 11:00 pm will not be processed and you will need to make hotel or other arrangements.