Parents, please check out our Parent Page for pertinent information.
FIT RESIDENCE HALL MOVE-IN INFORMATION
Detailed move in information and move-in passes will be sent to all residents in mid-July.
Please read this information carefully. In the event that there are changes to these instructions, FIT personnel will direct you to the proper check-in area upon arrival.
• Resident must stay in the car until directed to the check-in area by our move-in staff.
• Report to your designated check-in area
• You must have two people to assist you. Limit number of people (over 1,000 people will be accessing one NYC block to then wait for elevators as they enter the halls).
• There is no parking on the street. Cars will be given access to unload only. Parked cars will be towed by NYC police.
• Once your vehicle enters the Check-in area:
1) Unload the Car immediately
2) One person must move the car to another street or a parking lot
3) One person must stay with possessions until the resident has been checked in
Individuals with qualified disabilities who require modification to the move-in procedures and schedule are urged to contact the Residential Life Department (212) 217-3900 as early as possible to make special arrangements. (Residents who need special living accommodations must also inform the FITable/Disability Services Office).
Things you should know:
• No overnight visitation during move-in week, closing and exam weeks. NO exceptions will be made. Please advise family members and friends.
• Residents must move into the residence halls at their specified day and time. NO EARLIER. Residents will not be processed unless they are scheduled for check-in.
• Students arriving after 4:00pm will be charged a $25 late fee. Arrivals after 11:00 pm will not be processed and it is suggested you make hotel or other arrangements.