1. How many guests or program participants are required to be considered a "group" at FIT?
A group must consist of 10 or more guests.
2. What is the nightly rate for groups?
Rates are based on length of stay and number of guests. To check availability and request an estimate of charges, please submit a written proposal to email@example.com contact (212) 217-3930 with:
· Name of your group/company
· Contact details
· Dates of stay
· Number of guests
· Age range of guests
3. Are groups required to sign a contract and provide a deposit prior to arrival?
Yes. All groups must sign a group contract with FIT, provide a 50% deposit to hold their rooms/spaces and provide full payment prior to check in.
4. What are the acceptable methods of payments for groups?
Groups can pay by credit card, wire transfers, company checks or certified bank checks.
5. What residence halls are available for groups?
210 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001
6. Where is FIT located and is it accessible to public transportation?
FIT is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan near all public transportation, restaurants and shopping.
We are walking distance from Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, Jacob Javits Center, etc...
7. What furniture is provided in the suites/apartment style rooms?
All suites/apartments consist of furnished rooms, kitchens and private bath. Each bedroom has 2 twin size beds, desks, and chest of drawers. Each suite/apartment has a private kitchen and private bath. Residents must provide their own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows and blankets.
8. What is the minimum age requirement in order to stay at the residence hall?
All guests must be at least 18 years old. If they are under 18 years old, an adult over the age of 21 must be with them at all times during their stay in the residence hall. All group residents under 18 years of age and their parents/guardians are required to sign a form issued by FIT, releasing FIT from liability. Only 1 child per adult, per room is allowed. Proof of age is required.
9. Is there an additional charge for a guest staying overnight, with a group participant, who is NOT part of the group?
Yes, summer overnight visitation is limited to two overnight guests per person. Anyone that stays longer than two nights will be charged the group rate per the group contract. The charge for an overnight visitor/guest is $10 per person, per night. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12AM – 8AM and MUST be approved by the group leader. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply.
11. Is the cafeteria open during the summer sessions?
No. Check the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries. Check out the FIT neighborhood!
12. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited including paraphernalia.